1. Announcement of filing of meeting notice and posting of the agenda in accordance with the Open Meeting Act — Chairman Michael Ray
2. CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT— Chairman Michael Ray
3. APPROVAL OF THE NOVEMBER 17, 2016, COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES —Chairman Michael Ray
4. DIRECTOR’S REPORT— Victor Bird
A. Will Rogers Airport & Tower Tour
B. State Chamber Public Affairs Forum
5. CENTER FOR AEROSPACE & DEFENSE SUPPLIER QUALITY (CADSQ) — Victor Bird
The Commission will be provided an update regarding the CADSQ program and information will be provided on legislation providing for CADSQ funding.
6. EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY— Pamela Doty
The Commission will be addressed by Pamela Doty, Campus Director, Oklahoma City campus of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Worldwide.
- The recently signed agreement between Metro Technology Centers and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is to facilitate the recognition, applicability, and seamless transition between MTC and ERAU, specifically in reference to aviation maintenance (A&P) coursework, certification, and licenses.
7. INTRODUCTION OF NEW AVIATION PROGRAM MANAGER — Victor Bird
Commissioners will be introduced to Jennifer Scanlan, the agency’s new aviation program manager who started with the Commission on 9/6/16.
8. LONGEVITY RECOGNITION OF OAC STAFF—Victor Bird
Commission staff member will be presented with a certificate and service pin recognizing years of service as a state employee.
9. LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Victor Bird, Sandra Shelton
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace in the state.
- Aviation Caucus
- SB 74 regarding aircraft excise tax exemptions
- 2017 Legislative Agenda
- Proposed increase to the aviation fuel tax
10. AVIATION & AEROSPACE DAY AT THE STATE CAPITOL — Sandra Shelton and Victor Bird
The Commission will be briefed on possible dates and a new format.
11. AVIATION ECONOMIC IMPACT STUDY UPDATE — Grayson Ardies
Staff will provide the Commission with an update on the Oklahoma Statewide Aviation Economic Impact Study.
12. UNMANNED AERIAL SYSTEMS BRIEFING — Grayson Ardies and Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on any recent national and Oklahoma news regarding unmanned aerial systems, i.e. drones.
- OSU UAS Advisory Committee
- Drone School 101
13. FINANCIAL REPORT— Jane Mitchell
The Commission will be briefed on the current budget figures for FY 2017.
14. THREE-YEAR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies
The Commission will be briefed on staff’s recommendation to develop a 5 year CIP.
15. PRELIMINARY ENGINEER REPORT PROGRAM – Dale Williams
A. The Commission will be briefed on the current status of the FY 2016 Preliminary Engineering Report Program.
B. The Commission will consider allowing staff to move forward and contract the necessary services required to complete the 2017 Preliminary Engineering Report Program. The project consists of the Commission contracting more than one firm to develop preliminary engineering reports for projects listed below. The total project cost is estimated to be $425,000 and will be funded with $382,500 of federal grant funds and $42,500 of state funds.
• R.L. Jones (Tulsa Riverside) – Rehabilitate 1R/19L and Taxiways
• Max Westheimer (OU Norman) – Rehabilitate Parallel Taxiway Systems
• South Grand Lake Regional – Rehabilitate and Widen Runway
• Stillwater Regional – Rehabilitate and Expand Main Parking Apron
• Chandler Regional – Conduct Environmental Study
• Ardmore Executive (Downtown) – Rehabilitate Runway and Parallel Taxiway System, Upgrade Runway and Taxiway Lights and Signage.
• Mid-America Industrial Park – Conduct Environmental Study
16. COMMUNICATIONS — Sandra Shelton
A. Aviation Art Contest
B. Website Update
17. AEROSPACE AND AVIATION EDUCATION GRANT PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies and Catherine Taber
The Commission will be briefed on changes to the rules that are in the public comment phase.
18. Aircraft Pilot and Passenger Protection Act (APPPA) — Catherine Taber
Commissioners will be briefed on the number of APPPA permits that have been issued or denied, and other APPPA actions that have occurred since the September 1, 2016, Commission meeting.
19. OKLAHOMA AIRPORT OPERATORS ASSOCIATION — Grayson Ardies
The Commission will consider renewing its annual membership in the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association (OAOA) for FY2017 and serving as a sponsor for the OAOA Annual Conference, April 23-26 2017, in Stillwater. This request includes granting OAC’s director the authority to approve a membership in an amount up to $5,000.
20. PARTNERSHIPS/SPONSORSHIPS WITH THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND OTHER STATE/LOCAL ENTITIES - Victor Bird
A. 2017 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems International Conference scheduled May 8-11. The funding request is for up to $5,000.
B. 2017 MRO America Conference scheduled for April 25-27. The funding request is for up to $5,000.
C. 2017 EAA Airventure at Oshkosh scheduled for July 24-30. The funding request is for up to $4,000.
21. APPROVAL TO PROCEED WITH REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR NEW PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies and Catherine Taber
The Commission’s current pavement management program was created in the late 1990s. This program has been a valuable tool for capital planning that has allowed federal, state, and local officials to determine the current condition of airport pavements across the state. Although it has been a great resource to use, the current system has become outdated and is ready for an overhaul. The Commission will consider authorizing staff to move forward with the FAA consultant selection process and developing a statement of work with an estimate of costs for this project.
22. REVIEW OF UPCOMING AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS — Sandra Shelton
23. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Victor Bird and Commissioners
24. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Michael Ray
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
25. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
26. COMMENTS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC